Tuesday 1 November 2016

Making a Record Company Logo

I wanted to make my own recording company logo to put on my digipak and magazine instead of using the Atlantic Records logo. For this, I used Adobe Illustrator and came up with a few simple designs that would look good when scaled down. Firstly I had to decide on a name for my record label and ended up landing on the name Maze Records, which I am happy with and think compliments my chosen artist because it isn' too pop related and isn't too rock related. Hence having the perfect balance. I also think that 'maze' is intriguing and interesting creating a sense of ambiguity around the type of music that would be on the label, which I like.

Adobe Illustrator was very easy to use and it didnt take long for me to create a simple yet effective logo. From the picture above you can see that I used the spray tool to add patterns onto the original design to add interest. I looked through the symbol list and found loads of contempory patterns that would look good with the design. The one above especially worked well with the music theme as the speckled dots give a speaker or amp appearance as well as creating an edgy style.

I ended up with two different designs to pick from, eventhough very similar, I ended up choosing the left because I liked the symbol placement better and think that it will work the best for mmy logo as it is more striking.

No comments:

Post a Comment